- Research Data Steward (replacement maternity leave)
We are looking for a colleague who can join our team for a period of six months as a temporary replacement of a maternity leave, starting in August.
Working at the VU means working for an organization with social significance. You have an important role in this as students, teachers, researchers and support staff use applications and services to manage, store, share and save research data. Our team provides daily support to researchers in the use of data management software.
FTE: 0.6 - 0,8
Job descriptionThe Vrije Universiteit started the Research Data Support Network (NRDS) in 2021 to manage research data management (RDM) services. As a research data steward you support researchers with general questions about research data management. In addition, you will stimulate knowledge sharing and collaboration with research data stewards from the various faculties and with colleagues at home and abroad.
The Network is a collaborative effort of the VU faculties, IT and the Library, and consists of a community manager RDM, RDM specialists, faculty Research Data Stewards, a research software engineer, and functional administrators of RDM tooling. Together we work to provide high quality RDM services for researchers.
- You will answer the questions that researchers ask via the RDM support desk.
- Advise researchers on the use of RDM tools
- You will provide information about Research Data Management on the website and the RDM LibGuide.
- You will help review data management plans (DMP’s)of researchers.
- You will maintain contacts with researchers and other support staff such as the faculty data stewards.
- You have a broad interest in scientific research and the research process, especially in the field of Open Science and FAIR data
- You preferably have knowledge of Research Data Management;
- You have good social and communication skills and excellent oral and written expression skills. Both in Dutch and in English.
- You are creative in finding solutions, precise and you have a proactive and customer-oriented attitude;
- You have at least a higher professional education (HBO) work and thinking level.
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially engaged organization. Depending on education and experience, the salary is at least €2,979 (scale 9) and maximum €4,093 (scale 9) gross per month on a full-time basis. The position is classified according to UFO profile: Data Steward 4 and is open for 0.6 to 0.8 fte. The employment contract is entered into for a period of 6 months due to maternity leave and will preferably start on 1 August 2022.
VU has attractive secondary employment conditions and schemes that enable a good combination of work and private life, such as:
- A maximum of 41 vacation days in case of full-time employment
- 8% vacation allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus
- Contribution to commuting expenses
- The VU provides an allowance for internet costs of €25 per month, regardless of the working hours factor and a home working allowance is determined on the basis of the number of travel days and your work schedule
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavor – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
The University Library supports and advises researchers and lecturers: from literature surveys and research data management, to open access publishing, open learning resources and copyright. We offer workshops, guidance and places to study. The University Library also manages and exhibits special collections, heritage and art. In the coming years, the University Library will develop further into a place for encounters, sharing knowledge and inspiration for both students and staff.
Working at the University Library means working on improving research impact and study success. You and your colleagues will provide innovative services that are ideally aligned to the wishes and needs of staff and students. The University Library employs 80 individuals at two locations: in the university’s Main Building and at VUmc.
Do you fit this profile, and would you like to contribute to our ambition? Then apply immediately. Starting to get excited but first you want to know more? Then call Marcel Ras, coordinator of the Research Data Support network, +31634188614 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can apply via the application button below. Please upload your curriculum vitae and motivation letter.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Marcel Ras
Position: Coördinator Netwerk Research Data Support (NRDS)
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren