- Learning Technologist SBE
- University Graduate
FTE: 0.8 - 1
Job descriptionThe Learning Technologist will work with program directors on all education levels (bachelor, master, executive) as well as with the education support team to develop and implement an effective blended learning environment. This is a busy and varied role which requires the successful candidate to communicate persuasively and tactfully with faculty and staff, to ensure cooperation, create change and realize innovation in teaching. The successful candidate must be able to work to tight deadlines on his/her own initiative, and to learn new systems and procedures rapidly.
- Support the enhancement of / Develop adaptations in the curriculum across all programmes and disciplines to implement blended learning and further enhance the use of digital technologies
- Provide developmental and operational training and support for Faculty in the delivery of online modules
- Support the increased usage and stimulate the application of a wider range of functionalities of Canvas (or other platforms) by Faculty and students
- Provide support for Faculty on the software resources required for specific programme delivery, across all subject areas in the School
Main ActivitiesDevelopment and support of Digital Teaching & Learning
- Take a lead on the production of appropriate materials, including but not limited to audio, video and interactive web-based content to support learning outcomes of courses provided across the various programs and disciplines
- Provide specialist learning technology support and advice to and work with academics and project staff to develop quality-assured, pedagogically appropriate e-learning materials and assessment models, interactive learning experiences and robust collaborative learning opportunities
- Identify new areas or functions of Canvas which can be utilised and provide information and examples of same
- Investigate areas where new technologies can be used to enhance the teaching and learning
- Facilitate access to expertise, services and resources relating to technology-supported learning
Liaison and Networking
- Act as a point of contact for faculty and other members of the team, dealing with enquiries and providing support in relation to technology involved in delivery of modules
- Act as a liaison between the SBE support team for blended learning and the VU Network for Teaching and Learning (VU N&TNL) at the central level
- Undertake a range of networking activities, such as liaising with other parts of the university or elsewhere that have related interests and objectives, increasing colleagues' awareness of existing practice, enable exchange of ideas and experience in technology-supported learning and teaching
RequirementsThe successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience
- Relevant academic background in Instructional Design, Pedagogy, Educational Technology or similar and affinity with the use of IT in education
- Experience in a support role preferably with experience of education provision or equivalent
- Experience of multimedia content delivery using a Virtual Learning Environment (preferably Canvas)
- Knowledge of e-learning production software (e.g., Kaltura, Mediasite, and Camtasia)
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Evidence of effective team working
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- With an excellent proficiency in English (level C2 required) and Dutch
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,746 (scale 11)
and a maximum €5,127 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavor – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
School of Business and Economics
The School of Business and Economics (SBE) provides high-quality education and excellent research in business administration and economics with a focus on contributing to the social, economic and ecological challenges of our time. Whether it is the use of robots in society or big data, labour market participation or flexibility in the labour market, traffic jams or the housing market, flash crashes in the stock market or choice behaviour in gambling, leadership or change management: we believe in goal-oriented scientific research and understand that progress in academics, the business community and society is achieved through cooperation, openness and social responsibility.
At SBE, all of our highly-motivated colleagues work together closely in a stimulating, dynamic and international environment to achieve our collective goal of encouraging society to make informed choices. Approximately 4,200 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and 1,700 executive students are enrolled at the School, and employs roughly 500 people.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until May 13, 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Mirella Kleijnen
Position: Portefeuillehouder Onderwijs SBE
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren