- Assistant, Associate or Full Professor IT in Accounting
- University Graduate
FTE: 0.8 - 1
Job descriptionWe seek applicants who want to collaborate with us in developing a common body of knowledge on IT in Accounting that is not only coherent across successive accounting programmes at bachelor, master and postmaster levels, but also addresses the IT and digitalization specifics of the variety of accounting functions for which we educate our students, for example (IT)Auditor, (Public) Controller, Compliance and Integrety Manager. The applicant is expected to address topics like the use of data analytics for decision making and control, the physiccal/virtual IT and data infrastructure, th role of big data in auditing financial and nonfinancial information, and internal controls to safeguard data security and data integrity.
- doing innovative research and developing an original research agenda within the area of IT in Accounting leading to publications in leading international academic journals
- contribute to the design and delivery of teaching courses on IT in Accounting across undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programmes.
- creating a stimulating learning environment for students at all levels (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.)
- engage in setting upt collaborations with other departments and faculties, especially computer and data science at the VU as well as with other universitites in the Netherlands and abroad
- being active in acquiring additional research funds, both individually and in collaboration with colleagues
- a PhD degree, specializing in accounting or information technology
- a good track record in teaching Accounting or IT courses, as evidenced by excellent evaluations
- a strong research potential, preferably evidenced by publications and by a pipeline of high quality working papers and projects
- the willingness to gain knowledge of Accounting and Auditing when you have a PhD in IT
- the willingness to specialize in IT and Data Analytics when you have a PhD in Accounting or Auditing
- fluency in English
What are we offering?We offer a challenging position in an international and ambitious research group.
Depending on the candidate merits and career stage, the position may be filled as (tenured) assistant professor, associate professor or full professor. The initial employment contract for assistant professors will be for a period of 6 years, with the possibility of obtaining a permanent position (tenure). In case of excellent performance, earlier tenure decisions are possible. For associate and full professors tailored contracts will be agreed upon.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavor – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
School of Business and Economics
The School of Business and Economics (SBE) provides high-quality education and excellent research in business administration and economics with a focus on contributing to the social, economic and ecological challenges of our time. Whether it is the use of robots in society or big data, labour market participation or flexibility in the labour market, traffic jams or the housing market, flash crashes in the stock market or choice behaviour in gambling, leadership or change management: we believe in goal-oriented scientific research and understand that progress in academics, the business community and society is achieved through cooperation, openness and social responsibility.
At SBE, all of our highly-motivated colleagues work together closely in a stimulating, dynamic and international environment to achieve our collective goal of encouraging society to make informed choices. Approximately 4,200 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and 1,700 executive students are enrolled at the School, and employs roughly 500 people.
About the department
The department of Accounting is a group of around 60 academics (40 fte). We are active in areas like auditing, accounting information systems, financial accounting, management accounting, management control, regulation, compliance, tax, and corporate law. We teach in all SBE bachelor programmes, and in the master programmes Business Administration and Accounting and Control. Our research is concentrated in the Amsterdam Research Center in Accounting (ARCA). At ARCA, we conduct high quality fundamental research as well as applied research. We aim to publish our results in premier, peer-reviewed international journals. We also reach out to the business community in communicating our research findings in executive programmes and in professional journals.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until May 13 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. T.L.C.M. Groot
Position: Head of the department
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren