- Project coordinator department of Computer Science
- University Graduate
Job descriptionThe tasks associated with this position are often deadline-driven, requiring both the administrative skills to gather and process information from a broad collection of sources, and the people skills to work with a wide-range of scientific experts who often maintain a parallel temporal agenda.
Our expectation is that over time, the candidate will work with multiple sub-disciplines of computer science, on a wide variety of projects. Our expectation is that the position will be seen as a shared resource within the department and that the candidate will have the opportunity to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- day-to-day executive management of the relevant projects(s) and follow up on requirements set by the external funding organization
- management of internal relations with project co-workers
- coordinating the preparation and submission of reports, both internal and external
- financial management and reporting, in close cooperation with the VU project administration
- assist in (the organization of) disseminating activities such as workshops, website, conferences and publications, prepare and organize internal project meetings
- maintain contacts with external stakeholders and act as first contact for the relevant projects
- actively assist research staff in the faculty in acquiring new projects, negotiate with potential funders and advise on funding opportunities and assist and contribute to proposal writing processes
- higher professional education at an academic level, preferably in the sciences. Experience with scientific research projects is an advantage
- good knowledge of national (NWO) and EU Funding Programmes. Knowledge of NWO consortium grant schemes (NWA-ORC, Zwaartekracht, etc.), and/or RVO grants is an advantage
- experience in managing projects with commercial organizations is an advantage
- understanding subsidy schemes, experience in writing and/or supporting scientists in writing and coordinating project proposals.
- understanding of project administrative issues, finances, procedures, legal issues, and organization
- capable of operating both independently and within a team
- willing to travel nationally and internationally to attend project meetings and to coordinate with partners
- able to communicate effectively in verbal and written communication, both in Dutch and English, and are capable of working within intercultural network
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,790 (scale 10)
and a maximum €4,402 (scale 10), depending on your education and experience. The job profile, projectleader 1 is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavour – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
The Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science inspires researchers and students to find sustainable solutions for complex societal issues. From forest fires to big data, from obesity to medicines and from molecules to the moon: our teaching and research programmes cover the full spectrum of the natural sciences. We share knowledge and experience with leading research institutes and industries, both here in the Netherlands and abroad.
Working at the Faculty of Science means working with students, PhD candidates and researchers, all with a clear focus on their field and a broad view of the world. We employ more than 1,250 staff members, and we are home to around 6,000 students.
About the Department
The VU Department of Computer Science has approximately 170 staff members, including 35 tenured staff and 40-50 PhD students. Lecturers form a critical and essential basis for the functioning of the department, providing foundational education that helps determine the future of our students.
Our research and our students are diverse, covering disciplines such as Social sciences, Humanities, Economics, and Bioinformatics. Currently, we offer programs in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Information Sciences (BSc and MSc), and Bioinformatics and Systems Biology (MSc), with a total of around 1000 new students each year.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until March 18, 2021.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Peter Boven
Position: Department manager
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren