- Chair full-professor position on public pivate partnership
Job descriptionThe department of Organization Sciences is looking for a part-time full-professor (0.20 fte) on a chair in public-private partnership (PPP). The chair focuses on collaboration strategies of public and private organizations regarding large scale financial crime, such as the financing of international terrorism and money laundering. Through scientific research, the chair will contribute to the production of knowledge on the societal significance of Public Private Partnership. By doing so, the chair will contribute to the development of scientific insights in Organization Sciences. The chair will disseminate results of the research through publications, seminars, workshops and conferences. The chair will also develop tools for decision makers and leaders and will enhance the understanding of PPP and their practical aspects. The research is performed in close connection with public and private organizations. The chair is co-financed by the Ministries of Finance and Justice & Security, the Dutch National Police and ABN AMRO-Bank.
Central research questions are:
- Which new forms of partnership between public sector organizations (such as Ministry of Justice, National Police, FIOD) and private parties (such as commercial Banks and accountancy firms) are developed in order to deal with urgent financial crime challenges?
- How can we address and theorise the (institutional) dilemma’s and tensions which result from (partially) conflicting commercial versus societal rooted organizational cultures?
- Which intervention strategies are developed in the partnerships in order to deal with these societal challenges?
- holds a PhD degree in the social sciences with a track record in Organization Sciences, on strategy, leadership and organizational development and change
- has expertise on the psychological and social dynamic aspects of collaboration and competition in multi-layered ecosystems
- has an extensive network of knowledge organizations related to the Financial sector, specifically in the field of financial economic institutions
- has a proven ability to attract external funding for research and able to attract funding from other sources for dissertation research in the field of the chair.
- is a skilled educator with experience in teaching in (post) academic programs
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. We offer a part-time (0.2 fte) professorship for a sponsored chair to join a dynamic, innovative and inspiring multidisciplinary team of organizational science scholars who are studying Public Private Partnership. The position is a 5 years appointment.
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on previous qualifications and experience-ranges from a minimum of 5582.- (salary scale H2) gross per month up to a maximum of € 8127.- gross per month (salary scale H2), based on full full-time employment, depending on your education and experience.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- discounts on collective insurances (healthcare- and car insurance)
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavour – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
We are an inclusive university community. Diversity is one of our most important values. We believe that engaging in international activities and welcoming students and staff from a wide variety of backgrounds enhances the quality of our education and research. We are always looking for people who can enrich our world with their own unique perspectives and experiences.
Faculty of Social Sciences
The Faculty of Social Sciences examines the major social problems of our time from multiple perspectives. From bullying at school to dealing with transnational immigration, from the rise of populist politicians to creating a self-reliant society. Only at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam you will find all the academic disciplines needed to understand these 'wicked problems': alongside the traditional disciplines such as sociology, anthropology and politics, we also research and teach the new social sciences such as communication science and management & organization science. We do not settle for easy answers in our teaching and research. Our researchers and students are critical thinkers and doers who work together to devise surprising solutions to the problems of today.
Working at the Faculty of Social Sciences means working with colleagues from a range of academic disciplines in an inspiring and personal work and study environment with excellent research facilities. We employ more than 250 staff members, and we are home to around 2,500 students.
About the department, institute, project
Research in the Department of Organization Sciences comes together in the OPOS Research Program. OPOS stands for Organizations and Processes of Organizing in Society. The mission of OPOS is to advance the understanding of organizational processes through the lens of organizations as interdependent systems. Interdependence plays an important role in both internal organizational processes (cooperation and conflict between coworkers at micro-level and between teams and departments at meso-level) and external organizational processes (how organizations cooperate and compete within their environment at macro-level.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 31 May 2020. The job interviews will be held digitally.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Prof. dr. Issy Drori
Position: Head of Department, Organization Science
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren