- Professor of Artificial Intelligence and Entrepreneurship
Job descriptionWithin the Business, Governance & Society department, the new Chair will lead the group focusing on AI and Entrepreneurship. A few of BGS’s faculty are already active in this area, but a further impetus is needed, also to further initiate collaboration within SBE, as well as on campus. Additionally, s/he will be SBE’s Associate Dean of Executive Education (EE). Within EE, AI and Entrepreneurship are increasingly prominent foci. SBE is investing heavily in EE to develop an attractive and dynamic offer to the marketplace for commercial teaching. In the new SBE strategy for the 2020-2025 period, EE is one of the key areas where progress is sought. The new Associate Dean of EE is expected to lead this journey toward an expanded, entrepreneurial, and innovative part of SBE, closely aligned with what happens within the academic departments, in tandem with the Associate Dean of Valorization, and with related initiatives on campus (such as the VU School of Governance).
- a PhD degree and a strong record in research, proven by recent publications in leading international scientific journals, professional publications, and in authored or edited books with established academic publishers
- ability to lead and energize EE. Specifically, the candidate should have the ability to work as part of a team, mentor junior colleagues, build bridges to the outside world, and initiate innovative EE portfolio development
- a proven and strong record in leading an EE unit at a university, preferably in the area of Business, and with proven expertise in AI and Entrepreneurship
- able to relate effectively with practitioners, both in teaching as well as through research. He/she should be able to translate insights from research into recommendations and applications for practitioners and in executive teaching
- a strong external network, evident in joint work, program development, contract research, or other outward-oriented activities
- strong leadership skills
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €5,582 (H2)
and a maximum €8,127 (H2), depending on your education and experience. The job profile: is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 1 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 5 years, with the possibility of extension.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment,
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus,
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. And to be a university where personal education and societal involvement play a leading role. Where people from different disciplines and backgrounds work together on innovations and on generating new knowledge. Our teaching and research embrace the whole spectrum of science – from the humanities, the social sciences and the pure sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,500 students. We employ more than 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible, located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
Diversity is one of our university’s core values. We are an inclusive community, and we believe that diversity and international activities enhance the quality of education and research. We are always looking for people who can enhance diversity on our campus thanks to their background and experience.
School of Business and Economics
The School of Business and Economics (SBE) provides high-quality education and excellent research in business administration and economics with a focus on contributing to the social, economic and ecological challenges of our time. Whether it is the use of robots in society or big data, labour market participation or flexibility in the labour market, traffic jams or the housing market, flash crashes in the stock market or choice behaviour in gambling, leadership or change management: we believe in goal-oriented scientific research and understand that progress in academics, the business community and society is achieved through cooperation, openness and social responsibility.
At SBE, all of our highly-motivated colleagues work together closely in a stimulating, dynamic and international environment to achieve our collective goal of encouraging society to make informed choices. Approximately 4,200 Bachelor’s and Master’s students and 1,700 executive students are enrolled at the School, and employs roughly 500 people.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 20 February 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: K. Wiegman
Position: HRM SBE
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren