- Regional Advisor Northern America & Erasmus+ Coordinator
- University Graduate
Job descriptionAs Regional Advisor you will build and maintain strong international relations with (future) partner universities in Northern America, Africa and the Middle East. This partner network allows for the international exchange of students and staff and serves as a base for institutional academic cooperation. In your complementary role as Erasmus+ Coordinator you are responsible for Key Actions 2 and 3 and also acts as a counterpart to the Erasmus+ Coordinator who is responsible for Key Action 1. The two coordinators will work closely together. You will advise and guide faculty through the application process and monitor progress during the projects.
- develop a high-quality partner network, in close collaboration with academic staff
- maintain strong international relations with the partners universities through email, skype, at international conferences, by visiting partner universities or receiving delegations at VU Amsterdam
- provide up to date information on our website and give presentations about partner universities for outgoing exchange students concerning deadlines, procedures and courses that can be attended
- provide information and advice to Erasmus+ project members and participants (students and staff) to facilitate compliance with funding requirements
- coordinate, implement, monitor and improve the processes associated with Erasmus+ Key Action 2 and Key Action 3
- support the Erasmus+ Key Action 1 coordinator and replace when absent
- work closely with the other regional coordinators on quality assurance of partnerships and exchange experiences
- completed education at Bachelor’s or Master’s level
- written and spoken fluency in English and Dutch
- experience with international student exchange mobility, internationalization of higher education and its motives
- able to collaborate with a wide range of people and positions, diplomatic, persuasive, sensitive to varying organizational interests
- experience with the Erasmus+ programme and coordinating grant proposals is a big plus
- international experience (preferably in Northern America) is a must
- good intercultural and communication skills, including preparing and executing informative events at different levels
- team player who is open to change and likes to contribute ideas (feeling for evaluations and improvement processes)
What are we offering?A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €2,835 (scale 9)
and a maximum €3,895 (scale 9), depending on your education and experience. The job profile is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for 0.8 FTE.
The initial employment contract will affect a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- contribution to commuting expenses
- good growth opportunities
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge
About Vrije Universiteit AmsterdamThe ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. And to be a university where personal education and societal involvement play a leading role. Where people from different disciplines and backgrounds work together on innovations and on generating new knowledge. Our teaching and research embrace the whole spectrum of science – from the humanities, the social sciences and the pure sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,500 students. We employ more than 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible, located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
Diversity is one of our university’s core values. We are an inclusive community, and we believe that diversity and international activities enhance the quality of education and research. We are always looking for people who can enhance diversity on our campus thanks to their background and experience.
Student & Educational Affairs
The Student & Education Affairs department provides services to Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam students and staff. We are responsible for registration and de-registration of Dutch and international students, and we arrange accommodation for international students and researchers. We work on developing a distinctive educational policy. We support and evaluate teaching practice and logistics, from initial enrolment to graduation. We are also responsible for VU students who need specific forms of guidance. Our ambition is to provide excellent, transparent and efficient service to students and staff.
Working at Student & Educational Affairs means working at the heart of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. You will be involved in many of the university’s central processes and you will work closely with the faculties and their staff. Student & Educational Affairs employs more than 200 individuals in seven departments: Management, Student Administration (SSA), Student Counselling (CSB), Educational Policy, Quality Assurance and Process Management (OKP), International Office (IO), VU Sports Centre and Griffioen Cultural Center.
About the department
The International Office (IO) is responsible for advising on the internationalization strategy at the institutional level and advises, and provides services, to students and international staff of the university. The International Office consists of Mobility Department, Policies & Business Development and Center for International Cooperation.
The Mobility Department processes the applications from international students who want to enrol in an English-taught Bachelor's or Master's programme, provides the credential evaluation of foreign certificates and processes the applications of visas, residence permits and work permits for students and staff. In addition, Mobility provides information to VU students about studies and internships abroad, manages various funds and exchange programmes and provides accommodation for foreign students and guests of the VU. This vacancy falls within the Credit Mobility Team of the Mobility department. The Credit Mobility team informs students about the opportunities for a study and an internship abroad and manages various credit mobility programmes, such as the Exchange programme, the Amsterdam Summer School and the Semester in Amsterdam programme.
ApplicationAre you interested in this position? Please apply via the application button and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter until 2 February 2020.
Applications received by e-mail will not be processed.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, you may contact:
Name: Eduard Pasma
Position: Teamlead Credit Mobility
Telephone: +31 20 59 85282
No agencies Meer informatie en solliciteren